I just took a Facebook quiz: “How weird are you.” Turns out, I’m totally normal! However, I dispute the author’s science. I don’t think it was calibrated to my particular brand of weird. Or maybe I’m just not weird enough for Facebook?
That last sentence is now copyrighted to me. You can only use it if you send me $5.
So, anyway, I thought I’d use this space to find out just what “normal” means to those who read my blog. What is “normal” anyway, to you? It’s a relative term, subject to interpretation within whatever particular subset of society you live within. Or outside.
To help, here are some questions I came up with after much *scientific research. Answer quickly with the first thing that comes to mind. Please email your responses to me, and I will post the results on Monday! Send to email@example.com
The how $normal are you QUIZ!
And remember, this is for posterity, so be honest.
1. Is there a TV in your home, and if so, how many hours of television do you watch per day? The, umm, TV has to be plugged in and ON, and cannot just be a flowerpot. If you have used a sledgehammer on your TV, or put your foot or other object through the TV, you may skip this question and skip right to question #6.
2. Karl Rove is a douchebag? YesÂ NoÂ Discussion?
3. What does your bumper sticker read?
4. On the morning of election day, what will you be having for breakfast?
5. Can you snark in more than one language? Pig Latin totally counts here.
6. Humble pie, or Schadenfreude Pie?
7. Cake or death?
8. What would Sarah Palin’s 6th child be named?
9. Could you, would you, with a fox? Discuss.
10. What’s the weirdest thing you recycle/grow in your yard/create using art/call a hobby?
Not weird enough for Facebook.
*”Scientific research” is also a relative phrase. My next quiz will thoroughly explore this fact. And the one after that will fully explore “fact.”